Monday 17 February 2014

First project of the week

Hello fellow sewists! I am about to begin my new sewing project - nothing too exciting - just a simple skirt for work. My wardrobe is in dire need of refreshment and I wear the same old, same old......
I bought this fabric from Walthamstow market, the man outside Sainsburys ( to be known in future as TMOS) actually I think I am in love with him, his fabric is A-May-Zing! It is a lovely soft grey wool mix with a super drape and I lashed out and bought some burgundy lining at the heady price of £1.00 per metre! I know - it was extravagant of me ;) I also purchased a cutting board ( never had one before) and a rotary cutter ( jury still out on that). I am looking to buy a dress form but am still trawling the net for ideas and comparisons. If anyone has any suggestions or tips I would be hugely grateful. Well, the machine is calling.......


No comments:

Post a Comment