Thursday 20 February 2014

Skirt sew along cont.

Step 3. I have chosen the fabric - a medium / heavy weight embossed navy blue. It looks a bit lighter in the photo. 


I even made a muslin from an old sheet.



        Step 4. Six darts to sew.
         

Then I had the urge to line the skirt and found some bright red lining fabric in my stash.

I interlocked / surged the raw edges.

Step 5. Lining made and I attached it to the waist edge before attaching the waistband. I did not use interfacing on the waistband as this fabric is quite heavyweight.
I couldn't be bothered to change the thread on the machine to red so I did a decorative hem stitch to the lining.

Step 6. I stitched the hem, added my label et voilà! The finished article.



A saucy glimpse of scarlet ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment